Monday, March 24, 2008

New York!

New York was awesome. There are way too many things to see in any given direction that you end up tripping on your own feet and looking a little silly... or maybe that was just me.

This was the St. Patrick's Day Parade, pre-happy hour. You can't really tell at this point, but it was so crowded, people were literally pushing each other to walk a single step. I think I got claustrophobic.




Brooklyn Bridge from the pier. Though being surrounded by huge buildings in awe-inspiring, it was very relaxing getting away from them and looking out on the water.










Another pier shot.














Pier shot looking at the city. Here's some trivia for you (thanks to Tyler S.):
Do you know why pigeons can live and thrive in large cities without a lot of trees?
Because before buildings were invented, pigeons used to live in sides of cliffs, and since huge buildings resemble cliffs and have plenty of little spaces for pigeons it's perfect for them.







Here's Becky, one of the girls I went with, and me at Times square. You can't really see the square but if you look closely you'll see Nike symbols in our pupils. Just kidding.









Here it all is. This is the place I did the most tripping. We met some very friendly drunk people. I also found out that Legally Blonde is now a musical, I really wanted to see it, but we ran out of time.









Here is Valerie, also a girl I traveled with. We're looking pretty good in our Hershey's "Factory Worker" hats. I guess that is some kind of honor in New York.










I nearly died laughing when we came across this kid playing for pennies on a street corner. We were also a little concerned, but then his mom showed up. Or maybe it was his manager, not really sure which. He was pretty good though.









Another parade shot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures, I am a little disappointed however that the photos weren't shown in a sideshow format. I mean, we just learned about that in NYC.

Kris said...

Hooray lovely Robin! I'm so pleased I found your blog! I've been waiting for someone else in the Jackson family to join the blogging addiction. It's funny that you joke that you have to live abroad or have a baby to keep a blog... but if I'm perfectly honest, I get so bored reading blogs that only talk about people's kids. Blahh! It makes me happy reading blogs of family and friends in Utah. Makes me feel not so far away.