Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm in the Know

I just got back from a journalism conference in New York on Tuesday. I went to several new media sessions, and I got the blogging bug! This will just be my personal blog to keep you all informed about Nels and me, but I plan to start a couple with my fellow students that went with me and caught the very same bug. Apparently, it's quite contagious.
Because we don't have babies and we don't live in a foreign country, I may be at lost for words most of the time, but primarily I'll be keeping everyone up to date on the little projects Nels and I have going.
I just finished my website: robin.axspace.com. I did it in raw HTML and CSS! It was pretty much self-taught, although I did get one of my professors to check the code.
I also am in the middle of writing my own cooking reference book for a class. Since I'm still very much a beginner at cooking, it will have things like how to cook meat and seafood in various ways: stir frying, braising, steaming, etc. Also, it will have the functions of ingredients, such as the difference between flours, what baking soda does, that kind of thing. It will also have the seasons of fruit and vegetables with a little info on each one. I'm pretty excited about that project.
In the summer I'll be starting my own podcast program for the Daily Universe. I think I'll mostly be doing arts and culture subjects, but it should be just wonderful. That's my best guess. I'll keep everyone updated.
As most of you know, I also I'm learning how to bake. I'm going through my baking book that mom got me, one recipe at a time. Most of them turned out awesome, knock on wood, but our favorite recipe is the bagel recipe. Quite scrumptious and surprisingly easy. I personally get very nervous around yeast, as it tends to die on me.
Well, that should be enough for now. I just finished writing a 12-pager for a class, I think my fingers are stuck in typing mode.

No comments: