Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hope for the Future

I'm a soon-to-be-parent with a husband in school. We don't have a lot of loose change around, so in preparation for our little one to be arriving in August, we are choosing our baby products as prudently as possible.
Except there is one extravagance that I really would rather have around for completely selfish reasons: a jogging stroller. I already have a travel system, so really, a jogging stroller is totally unnecessary. It's for rich people, right? Or at least not destitute-types like we will be for another school year.
But there's this thing called Freecycle, which is a lot like craigslist except there is no buying or selling. It's just giving. People just offer things that they want to get rid of and people pick them up. How lovely! And people, like me, who want something they can't spend money on just ask for things for nothing in return, like spoiled, bratty children. It's a win-win.
So I've been keeping my eye out for jogging stroller ads, but you have to be extremely quick in responding to the ads if you want to get stuff. Competition is fierce. And after a while of doing that and reaping no reward, I just flat out asked if anyone had a jogging stroller laying around that needed a home. Sure enough, there was! Hoo-ah! And I picked it up! Double Hoo-ah!
That leads me to my next tip:

Tip #5: Give yourself another reason to run

I won't be running in the coming months, but by golly, I'll be jonesing to go running with a child in tow by the time I can.

4 comments:

Brittany Alyse said...

Go Robin GO!! Im glad that you found a jogging stroller!! That rocks! I got your invite to your baby shower!! i hope that it goes well and that you gets LOTS of great stuff!! Im excited to see Calvin! Hope you guys are doing well and that you are feeling okay!

Aimee said...

I want to see some pictures of you pregnant!! I miss my running partner!

Jenn Johnson said...

hey. When are you going to blog more? Love jenn

David & Eliza said...

Yeah for you, you'll have to post a picture of the stroller (and your baby room). Can't wait to see Calvin!