Thursday, February 19, 2009

Here's a good book

If you're into exercising without leaving the comfort of your bedroom, I totally recommend this book. At first look, you think it's an ordinary exercising book full of hopes and dreams only to be shattered by sheer lack of will power. But it is so much more than that. This book makes you feel very guilty, because it is so easy, doesn't necessarily require shoes, and has the ability to mix it up so often, you shouldn't ever be bored with it.


It promises the loyal reader will sculpt their body in 6 weeks. Well, not that I really know, seeing as I haven't stuck with it til the end, but that is not true. What it does is sculpt "problem areas" in 6 weeks: stomach and waist, legs and lower body, 'tox and hips, and arms and upper body. It has warm-up, cardio, muscular, and cool-down workouts for each week and each area. It goes from semi-intense workouts:


To super-ultra-oober intense workouts:


Some of the first workouts make one feel a little silly, like balancing on one leg for instance. One might laugh to themselves, "Ha, easiest workout ever. So dumb." But then one feels the burn.



This leads me to tip #2!

Tip 2: Call a Muscle Day

I actually did run this morning, but it was shorter than usual because I didn't have a route picked out, and I got too indecisive. So I went home. Instead of going into a relapse of non-exercise, because now my readers depend on my exercise (sort of), I called a Muscle Day, which means you do crunches, leg lifts, yoga, or even just think working-out thoughts, if that's an improvement.

Personally, I use this book because it ensures that I don't have to think, except counting. And, if I call muscle days regularly, I will improve and become sculpted.

No comments: