Monday, August 11, 2008

I really should call this. "The Things We Did This Month"

So, I'm a slacker. Mostly, though, my camera is still lent out and what is a post without pictures? Here's the latest scoop for me and Nels:

Nels' parents gave us their car yesterday! It was so generous of them, and now we officially have our own car. We are moving up!

Nels has been taking Physics, and is devoting most of his current life to it. He's also doing well with his side business/hobby. He put up a computer repair website last year for an entrepreneurial class, and he's been raking in a lot of business. It's also something that he likes to do in his spare time... within reason. He wasn't really doing much with it until this month actually. People would call him up all the time, and instead of charging them to fix it, he'd just tell them how to do it, no charge. That hasn't worked lately, so he's been busy fixing people's computers.

I recently turned 21. That's pretty exciting. Nels got me Toy Story and a piano book. He also took me out to lunch. On Sunday, when we went to visit mom and dad Broberg, they had a cake and presents waiting for me! It was a surprise birthday celebration! I was so amazed. Emily, Jay, Clement, Kate, and Kelly were there, too. Kate and Kelly got us a bottle of genuine Bear Lake Raspberry Days raspberry syrup. Mom and dad Broberg got me The Incredibles and Ice Age 2. My secret's out: I have an unreasonable obsession with kid's movies.

Also of note, I got a "promotion". It was at BYU, so it's not like I'm climbing any sort of corporate ladder, but they are eventually going to hire a professional multimedia person at the Daily Universe. Until then, they're letting me take over that role as a student. I get 50 cents more per hour, power over my peers, and a pat on the back. Yay!

3 comments:

Preston Jackson said...

Congratulations on the promotion Robin! and Happy Birthday!

Brobs said...

Yeah for you! A car, turning 21 in Utah, and a promotion! I don't know what it better! I am glad you are enjoying the car. I hope the Juneau scratches are not bothering you...as they are all over the vinyl! It sounds like you had a nice birthday....and my family treated you right...you deserve it! You are the best sister in law ever! And my only sis in law. I can see Nels doing well in Physics and his side business....I love the updates and please get skype! www.skype.com so we can talk more.

Love, Big Sis in Law, Amy

David & Eliza said...

Hey Robin & Nels- congrats on the promotion Robin. Glad you had a good B-day too. We love the updates & yes, you'll have to get skype so we can video chat.