Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Read Twenty-seven in 2011

Confession time: I love New Year's resolutions. I make new year's resolutions several times per year. I also love the first week of the semester, new school supplies, and fresh baked cookies. All crazy things.

Therefore, what kind of little blog would this be if I didn't tell you a little about my resolutions? Answer: a super lame blog. However, to save me from the inevitable shame that comes from failing on your resolutions, I'll share just one. This one, I'm pretty sure, is going to be my kind of fun: read 27 books this year. I hear some people out there actually shoot for 52 or 100. I'm being slightly more practical. Oh, also, at least half of them have to be non-fiction. Here they are so far:


Founding Mothers, by Cokie Roberts


Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte

John Adams, by David McCullough

Brigham Young: American Moses, by Leonard J. Arrington

Look at me! So intellectual! I'm starting off strong, banking on my tendency to wimp-out. Regardless, here's to a book-rich year.

1 comment:

Jenn Johnson said...

BEANO?!?! Where have you runnoft to? Keep blogging. I'm considering starting my own blog... Don't really know how I feel about it.