Friday, November 21, 2008

It's Just Wrong!

So Nels has been having some temptation problems lately, and it's gotten out of hand. Since Nels doesn't read my blog, I'm pretty sure he won't disapprove of me publishing the details. I've had to approach our relationship in a whole new way, which is sad, because I don't like being a killjoy. But as I've told him, I think our children should grow up to be disciplined, and if he's unwilling to set a good example right now, it won't be any easier later on. He whines, but still, I firmly tell him, "No Christmas music until after Thanksgiving!"
He's gotten progressively demanding about it. Script from last evening while I was doing some homework:

Nels: Hey, can we listen to some music?
Robin: Sure, I'm just working on code shizzle that doesn't take a lot of concentration.
Nels: Okay... Christmas music?
Robin: No, Nels, no!
Nels: (whiny) How come?
Robin: Because! No Christmas music until after Thanksgiving! It's immoral! It's sinful!
Nels: Whatever! You listened to Christmas music all last week.
Robin: ...

And so I had. But I was, as they say, "testing" it (it worked). I've since changed, though, and decided to lead others to salvation.
It's been a struggle, though. Nels recently purchased "A Muppet's Christmas Carol". The yearning for yuletide Muppetry has exponentially increased. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. It's a common feeling.

No comments: